Reducing My Social Media Usage and Improving My Sleep Pattern
October 31 - November 13
In the last post, I discussed how I failed to reduce my social media screen time. I also said I would combine my social media challenge with my challenge to sleep 8+ hours daily.
Two weeks later, I am happy to report that I have successfully completed both challenges.
Strategies that Helped Me the Most
- Disabling my notifications.
- Putting my phone in another room while I was doing homework helped a lot too.
- I often lose track of time when I am scrolling through social media during the day, so another strategy that helped me a lot was setting a timer for 20 minutes every time I started scrolling on social media just to remind me to put my phone down after 20 mins.
- The final strategy that helped me the most with sleep was putting a daily timer on when I needed to put my phone down and go to sleep.
Benefits of Getting Enough Sleep
1. May help you maintain or lose weight
2. Can improve concentration and productivity
3. Can maximize athletic performance
5. Reduces your risk for type 2 diabetes
6. Reduces risk and symptoms of depression
7. Supports a healthy immune system
9. Helps you regulate your emotions better
10. Reduces your risk of accidents
Reducing my screen time and getting more sleep has significantly impacted my life. I feel a lot calmer and less stressed. My concentration during lectures and work has improved, and my under-eye circles have also slightly improved.
Leech, J. (2022, January 6).10 Reason to Get More Sleep. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-reasons-why-good-sleep-is-important